The LPC of Santa Clara County is a 30 member Council who represent various categories within the early learning field. Learn more about LPC Membership, and how to become an LPC Member.
The LPC has a membership of 30 individuals from 5 categories: Parents/Child Care Consumers, Child Care Providers, Public Agency representatives, Community Representatives, and Public/Discretionary Members (descriptions are noted below). Committee Members serve three year terms. All LPC meetings are open to the public.
Additionally, each LPC member serves on at least 1 LPC sub-committee: Communications & Outreach, Workforce, Data, the Inclusion Collaborative, or the Title 5 Providers Group (NOTE: For this committee you will have to be a state subsidized child care contractor).
Each of the 5 categories represented on the LPC has 6 positions.
Parents/Child Care Consumers – parents or persons who receive or who have received child care services within the past 36 months
Child Care Providers – persons who provide child care services or represent persons who provide child care services
Public Agency Representatives – persons who represent a city, a county, or a local education agency
Community Representatives – persons who represent an agency or business that provides private funding for child care services or who advocate for child care services through participation in civic or community based organizations, but are not child care providers and do not represent agencies that contract with the California Department of Education to provide child care and development services
Public/Discretionary Member – persons from any of the above categories or outside of these categories at the discretion of appointing agencies
- Community Representatives
- Marian Browning – Pacific Oaks College
- Shalek Chappill – Nichols – Early Childhood Consultant
- Heidi Emberling – Jewish Family and Children’s Services
- Kathy Lincoln – Every Child California
- Natalie Seer – Mission College
- Sapna Shah – WestEd / E3 Institute
- Discretionary Appointees
- Tim Harper – Institute for Human & Social Development
- Melissa Hong – FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
- Lisa Gianotti – City of San Jose Public Library
- KimLien Le – County of Santa Clara, Department of Social Services
- Nancy Newkirk – Sunnyvale Elementary School District
- Public Agency Representatives
- Jeanette Bellerive – 4c Council of Santa Clara County
- Antonio Fuentes – SCCOE/Early Learning Services Department
- Drew Giles – Educare Silicon Valley
- Eula Idemoto – FIRST 5 Santa Clara County
- Kathy Wahl – SCCOE/Inclusion Collaborative
- Consumer Representatives
- Araceli Delgado – Ortiz
- Jessica Fraser
- Trena Hudson – Davis
- Pedro Sousa
- Provider Representatives
- Jessica Kranz – Go Kids, Inc.
- Kelly Mercurio – SJB Child Development Centers
- Terri Wallace – Mountain View-Whisman School District/Preschool Program
- Lorena Wright – Community Development Institute Head Start